Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Gideon's Blessing


We blessed Gideon on Sunday, November 30, 2008 in the Delta Third Ward. It was the most beautiful thing that I have ever experienced. I am so emotional about this because I realize that I am on my way to living my life righteously and I'm bringing my family with me. Gideon's blessing was so amazing. Colin blessed him with strength and the knowledge that we love him and will always love him. He also blessed him that he would serve the Lord faithfully as a missionary and teach the Gospel to those around him. Colin said that Gideon would be a light to everyone around him, friends and family.

I am already seeing this light in Gideon. I see it every time we play Church music and Gideon's face breaks into a smile. I see it when Gideon stares at our pictures of Christ with a knowledge that is so sure it intimidates what, in comparison, must be my weak testimony.

I am so thankful for the beautiful blessing our Father in Heaven sought fit to bestow on Gideon this past Sunday. I'm sure those of you who were there felt the Spirit as stronlgy as I did.

My little boy was so precious all dressed in white, so pure and clean.

I had better get going. These tears just won't stop flowing. I am so happy.

5 comments:

Bret and Amy said...

Sorry we missed it. Sounds like it was wonderful. He is so sweet.

Jackee said...

I'm so sorry we missed it, too. I wanted to come but I had strep throat and had to miss church altogether.

The Lovells said...

Sounds like a great day. Congratulations on the great life you have.

Winsor said...

I am sad we missed it. It sounds like it was a special day for all of you!

lizzylovell said...

I am so sad that we weren’t able to be there. We are sad that we missed you during our visit. I hope that well be able to see you this summer. We hope all is well.
Take good care of that cute baby!
Lizzy