Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Teaching Updates, Snow, and Tears!

HELLO!

First of all, some very exciting news! I just received my student teaching placement!!!! I will be teaching 3rd and 5th grades at Edith Bowen Lab School....right up on campus!!! I was really worried because I didn't want to have to travel and spend even more time away from home next semester, but this worked out so well! Colin and I will even be able to commute (for like 10 seconds!LOL!) together! I am super excited and very nervous all at the same time!

Secondly, my little boy HATES winter! I am so sad about this because I really thought he would like to do things like sledding and making snow angels and attacking daddy with snowballs... But, alas, not all dreams come true! We took Gideon sledding for the first time a few days ago and he bawled the whole time! We tried again today with the SAME results! Boo! Maybe in a few years... :(

I am getting really excited about Christmas though! I love this time of year. At church on Sunday I said that I really felt like the Grinch for eleven months of the year and then December rolls around and my heart grows so much! It is a wonderful feeling, no?

2 comments:

matesen said...

I love Christmas and definitely feel much less "grinchy" during December! Too sad that Gideon doesn't like snow. I took Jackson out today and I had to drag him back inside. He loved it. I was thinking they could play in Nephi, but we will have to wait until next winter!

Jared and Delia said...

I enjoyed your testimony at church. Yes...Christmas is so wonderful! I don't think you are grinchy though. I don't know if you are capable of that really.

Maybe if it warms up a bit he will like sledding a bit more. Reid hates it too because he can barely move in his jacket and he is still a bit cold. Maybe we can try going together after finals week. Jared is working up until tomorrow night.