Friday, April 15, 2011
Hello Everyone!
Hello, Hello! So it's been a while since I've given a true update on our family! I guess life gets busy after you have two kids! LOL! We are all doing very well and are healthy, thank goodness! Colin did graduate with an official apology from Utah State for taking their sweet time processing his graduation! His diploma is now gathering dust in our filing cabinet! Haha! Colin isn't working right now though he has applied to various positions in the U.S. with the possibility of going abroad... He did apply to Grad school at Texas A&M Corpus Christi and we are waiting to hear back on that. We took a short trip down and met with professors and toured their facilities. Colin found a committee chair and co-chair there and they have a cool internship program that would allow him to try his hand at a few things, but honestly, we're not sure what's in store for us. I'm thinking he's gonna work for a little while and get more experience under his belt. Plus, we have student loans and stuff to pay off so we aren't that anxious to add more to that pile! haha! I am loving being a mommy to two adorable boys! I am working part-time with the Food $ense Nutrition Program as a Nutrition Education Assistant in Cache County. I absolutely love this job!!!! I get to teach people how to make better, healthier decisions for themselves and their families and I get to make changes in my life as well! I'm not sure Colin is too thrilled about this change because it means we eat mostly whole grains and nothing with hydrogenated oils or excessive sugars or sodium (which is practically everything in a package these days!). I love it because I get to try new foods and I've found that my body doesn't crave the bad stuff anymore! When I get a craving for something sweet, it's usually for a fruit now! I've also been exercising more diligently. I'm proud to say that I am eight pounds shy of reaching the weight I was at when I first got pregnant with Gideon! I just have to keep at it! I really do wish there was a miracle pill out there, but I do enjoy the burn of my muscles that lets me know I'm doing my best! I am still the second counselor in the Young Women's Presidency of my ward. It's challenging and fun and terrible and awesome! Girls are so crazy! Thank goodness I only have sons! I think that's it for me! Gideon is AMAZING! He is such a sweetheart and he is so smart. I can't believe the things he knows and picks up! He is doing really well with reading and I think I'll start teaching him to write letters now. He may still need some help with fine-motor skills, but he can do it! It's really neat to see him in the Initial Reading stage. We are trying to work with the Spanish-speaking at our house...still hard but we are working on it! I still think it will be necessary to have the boys in a language immersion-type school/class but it will help if they have a leg up! Gideon request "school" now! We learn a letter, the sound(s) it makes, how the letter looks, a Spanish word, and words that contain the letter of the day. He really likes it and I like putting my teaching skills to work! I developed his whole curriculum to align to the USOE's Kindergarten core and Preschool Core. I think it will help him! He are doing a little more with science and looked at how snow melts and turns to water yesterday. Colin also had Gideon help him plant some seeds. I think he's getting a pretty well-rounded education for now! :) At night, he sleeps with at least five books that he "reads" until he falls asleep. I love that he already has a thirst for knowledge! He is a great big brother too! He'll put the baby's binky in his mouth and tell him it's ok if the baby is crying! He's adorable! Kaleb is growing so fast! I can't believe he's already three months old! He is doing a great job holding his head up and he is already trying to push himself up to his knees when he does tummy time! He certainly makes Colin and I work for his smiles and laughs! He is so cute though! It's so weird to have a baby that actually wears the correct size at the correct time! Gideon was wearing some six-month clothes at his first birthday! Kaleb is already getting too big for the 3-month clothes. I did put away all of the newborn clothes and must admit I shed a few tears. But I am grateful that Kaleb is growing and is healthy! He is a cutie-patootie! Next weekend we will be going to Nephi for Easter and I'm egg-cited! Oh geez, that was lame! But really, I am! Until next time! XOXO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Happy Birthday!!!
Post a Comment