Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Finally posting something

Well, it has been quite a while since I have posted anything on this blog! I am now 36 weeks pregnant and we've had a few complications. First of all, let me just say that everything is okay. The baby and I are doing fine but we are expecting Gideon a little sooner than the original October 11th due date. I developed "mild" pre-eclampsia so I have had to be on bed rest for the last little while. This also means that my placenta could start deteriorating soon so Gideon has to be welcomed into the world before that happens.
I have a doctor's appointment on Friday where we will discuss what will happen next week. On Monday, I will be going to Provo to do an amniocentesis to see if Gideon's lungs are developed enough to induce labor. If they are, then I will be induced a few days later. If not...well we'll see what they say my options are on Friday. I am very happy that I did make it to the full-term mark, though.
At Gideon's last ultrasound he weighed 4 lbs. 9 oz. and that was about three or four weeks ago. (The days have become a blur with everything that is happening!) The technician said he had a BIG head. ...Yippee for me! I think everything is set here at home. I can't wait to bring home baby Gideon. We are getting so anxious.

2 comments:

Winsor said...

I'm happy little Gideon is full term as well. I hope everything goes well. We will pray for you.

Bret and Amy said...

I hope since I am close that I will know when it happens. I hope to be able to visit you. Good luck with everything. It is such a neat experience to hold a new little one.