Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Baby? What baby?

GREAT NEWS!!!! So baby Gideon gets to stay inside his comfortable home for yet another week!!! I am very excited about this because yesterday I went and did an amniocentesis and discovered that his lungs aren't mature enough yet. So I am very grateful that he gets to stay inside my tummy and keep growing strong. He now weighs 7 lbs. 1 oz. and the kid has really long legs like his daddy! :)

The amnio was a little scary, if you ever have to do one I suggest never looking at anything but the ultrasound image! I peeked at the needle and almost passed out! Ok...not really, but it was a really quick peek!

So, my blood pressure keeps going up which makes me look like I have elephantitis! My ankles get so bad, Heather actually referred to them as my "kankles"....so rude! Because doctors are so cautious I have to do two non stress tests a week until baby gets here!

But like I said, I am just glad that he is growing and that he is still healthy!

7 comments:

matesen said...

I am sorry that we kept missing each other on the phone yesterday! I was at work and had kind of a crazy day. I am glad that baby is still doing okay and am keeping you in my prayers. I have been contracting a lot, but I am still just dilated to a one and fifty percent effaced. I was pretty disappointed at my last appointment that I hadn't progressed at all since my last appointment. Oh well, I guess baby Jackson will come when he is good and ready!

Winsor said...

That is great news! The baby needs to cook as long as possible. I was dilated to a 4 and 80% effaced for two weeks (probably because he still needed to cook)!

The Lovells said...

Sounds like a lot of work. But the bun in the oven hasn't risen enough. Hey send Joe an e-mail for an invitation to our blog, joelovell21@yahoo.com

lizzylovell said...

Hey QT I just found your blog and I am so happy that you have one. i am glad to hear all is good with baby. Keep it up mommy!!!
Liz

Jackee said...

Hey Christie, you need to update your blog, I keep waiting for pictures of Gideon. I hear he is adorable.

Liz Szilagyi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz Szilagyi said...

Hey Chrisite,

I found your blog through Chelsea's. I hope you don't mind that I took a peek. I haven't seen you forever! Probably not since I was in high school. Or maybe a good old family reunion out at the man camp. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and congrats on being married and pregnant and everything.

Don't you just love Logan? I want to move back there someday.

Liz Bassett