Sunday, November 16, 2008

I'M BLAMING IT ON "NEW MOM SYNDROME"

Hello my dear friends and family!!!! I know, I know...I am a slacker who should never blog because I don't keep up with what is going on in my life! :) I will try harder to be better! LOL!





So...as all of you already know, Colin and I are new parents!!! We are enjoying this new calling in life tremendously! Gideon Patrick Cook was born October 4, 2008 at 10:07 a.m. He weighed 7 lbs. 15 ozs. and was 20 inches long.

HE IS SO CUTE, HUH??? Anywho, Gideon is doing very well! And, just in case you were wondering, so am I. I guess I will share my labor story for those of you who care!

I was induced on Friday morning at 8 a.m. then I waited, and waited, and....waited. I couldn't feel my contractions most of the time so that was GOOD!!! Then at 2 a.m. Saturday my water broke. THEN I FELT THE CONTRACTIONS! I dilated to an 8 and asked for an epidural. I was fully dilated when I got the epidural, though! I pushed for two hours with no progress made. Gideon was facing my inner thigh so he couldn't come out. Dr. Jackson then decided to vaccuum him out. Then, (Sparing you from all of the nitty gritty) Gideon was finally born!

We are all healthy and doing very well!

1 comment:

Winsor said...

It's so fun being a mom!